Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Guest Alisa Darnaby

 Today our guest blogger is Alisa Darnaby
I did something really head banging this weekend. I was taking staples, nails, etc off the outside walls, getting ready to have my house painted. I do not have any TV except the local station (yep, can only get 1 station) so I decided to remove the old TV cable that was on the house when I bought it.
Guess what???? Totally forgot the cable also went to my recently installed internet. The poor girl at the internet office was trying not to laugh while I explained why I needed new cable at my house.  She suggested I put the cable I had removed on my porch and the serviceman would be glad to hook it back up.  Her snickering increased when I told her I cut up the cable so it would fit in the trash can.  We both started laughing.
How many times have we disconnected the cable and yanked out the staples?  You see, God is like that cable.  He is the source of our power and the staples are the sisters in Christ He has put in our lives to support us through prayer, words of encouragement and often, a good dose of accountability.  
While I can laugh about temporarily disconnecting my internet service, it is no laughing matter to disconnect myself from God.
The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior.  He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in his love, He will rejoice over you with singing.   ~Zephaniah 3:17~ 
A little about Alisa:    "It is funny, but never think much about it.  I am single, been involved in facilitating women's home /study groups for about 8 years.  I have one son, Waylon, who is 33 and a divorced dad of one.  Devon (aka Roo) is  2 1/2 yrs old.   My mom moved in with me about 4 years ago and my son moved in with me last year.  I love to read and make rag quilts.  I would fish more if the lake rose and God blessed me with a boat. Every Wednesday, I coordinate a group that prays, via email, for our lost loved ones.
Take a look at  Alisa's Blog. 

2 comments:

  1. lovely post today! Thanks for sharing. Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed this too. Thanks for coming by, Holly:)

      Delete