Thursday, April 12, 2012

Devo Thursday

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Luke 6:31 NIV

It's called the Golden Rule. So simple and beautiful, but not easy. Remember that old adage "leave a place in better condition than you found it"? Is it taught today?. I witnessed an ADULT help their child make a big mess in a public place this week, and then left without cleaning it up. I decided to give the benefit of the doubt and not say anything unless they started to leave, then I planned to ask the GROWNUP to replace the borrowed things that were scattered all over the floor.  I didn't get the chance.

 A servant hearted person IN CHARGE of the public place of business, who could have easily instructed some other employee to right the mess, got down on her hands and knees and cleaned it up without saying a word. Talk about looking through love colored glasses! Her selfless act humbled me.

Now, we need to clean up after ourselves and not leave work for other people to do. That is 'doing unto others' as well. But to look past the offense and serve in the way my Boss did today is such a great example of the spirit of the verse. Compassion in action!

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What an example your boss set! I could learn from her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's amazing. Thanks for stopping by so faithfully!

      Delete