Thursday, April 5, 2012

Catch Phrase Check Up

Devo Thursday

My dad used to say, "She's a poet and didn't know it; look at those feet - they're Longfellows." He was such a nut. But I do tend to think poetically. I always seem to have a phrase to motivate me with whatever is going on in my life.  
Right now it is:

No complaining, only planning
No frustration, reputation
Sweet and silent (not defiant)
Keep your eyes upon the goal.

As I prayed about the situation that inspired this poem, the Father reminded me to make sure my little anthems line up with His Word. So I made a commitment to find scriptures to back up my little admonishments. I'm one to memorize scripture anyway, so I'm grateful that my little poems already seem to be birthed from the Word.

It's a good thing to take stock of our belief system. Why do I believe what I do? 

The Word of God is the only plumb line. In this world where Christianity is accosted on every front, we should remember:

 "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."1 Peter 3:15 NIV

What catch phrases/scriptures motivate you?


No comments:

Post a Comment