Thursday, April 19, 2012

Devo Thursday

"So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with him." 2 Peter 3:14

Spots, I've got 'em. Aging isn't for sissies, that's for sure. Makeup, I own it, use it, sell it. My favorite product is concealer. My morning routine includes dotting the wonderful stuff on my age spots that congregate and hold serious meetings on my face. They are effective recruiters, these spots, because the congregation grows each year. 

Peter was referring to the new heaven and the new earth, a time when Christ will reign. He is coming for a spotless bride. I'm so grateful that my sin spots have vanished because of the Lord's sacrifice for me. His death and resurrection makes me spotless and at peace with Him.

 There is nothing I can do to cover the spot of sin in my life. My sins are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ. Aren't you glad that we are "saved by grace, and that not of ourselves. It is the gift of God." (Eph. 2:8)

I think of this each time I put my face on in the morning. Each imperfection reminds me that through our precious Savior, we are washed clean. 

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree - aging is not for sissies! Thanks for putting it all in the right perspective. Our sins are covered, we are redeemed through the blood of Jesus - nothing else matters!

    ReplyDelete