Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Just sayin'

      

I try not to ever be subject to "one of those days". You know, Pollyanna, make lemonade kind of gal... but....sometimes no matter what I do, I'm either tested or attacked, and then it's an opportunity to grow. Oh, man, yesterday! By the time I got home and got in the shower,  I was crying from exhaustion. Nothing serious. Just one stressful, frustrating thing after another. 

I kept slipping away to pray, kept declaring the Word of God, kept smiling. So do I consider yesterday a failure? 

Yes, and no. All day I kept my smile, tried to do my best at my job, and attempted to look at frustration through love colored glasses. But I barked at my husband when I finally got home. He was only trying to help me.  Even though I was not a happy camper, he kept trying to serve me. 


So, I still have a long way to go in growing up in Jesus. I am so grateful that He never fails me, and that His forgiveness is available every time I flub up.  The steadfast love of the Lord NEVER CEASES. His merices NEVER come to an end. They are NEW EVERY MORNING. Great is Thy faithfulness!!

How do you handle "one of those days"?






2 comments:

  1. I tend to fuss and cuss! Once I get the heat of the frustration out of my system, I am way more than ready to allow God to soothe the savage beast within.

    What I wish is that the fussin and cussin be prayin and praisin but I am not there yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll get there, Alisa, because "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it!"

      Delete