Thursday, May 10, 2012

Devo Thursday

W.E.A.R.Y.

W.E.A.R.Y.
“Nobody knows the trouble I’ve seen, nobody knows like Jesus.” That’s me, singing tongue in cheek. I tend to have a Pollyanna outlook most of the time. I don’t like to hear complaining. Yada, yada, yada, get over it. Not very compassionate I know.
Not really. I am more of a positive person and try to be encouraging. But weary? Putting some honest thought to it, I guess am weary of one thing.
 Me.
 I am pretty sick of the areas in my life where I continually fail. I keep doing and thinking the same things over and over and expecting different results. Dumb.
I really like acronyms, anything that I can use for a handle. Here's a new one:
Worn out Excuses Are Ruining my Year. I have goals, plans, and dreams for 2012. Success is coming along in the things I always have success in, and failure is mocking me in all the same areas in which I usually fail. Ugh. Yes, I guess I am weary.
I wonder why I am perfectly willing to be uncomfortable in order to grow in some areas, and in others I am not only unwilling, but down right wimpy.
Galatians 6:9  (NIV) Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Psalm 68:9 (NIV) You gave abundant showers, O God; you refreshed your weary inheritance.
Yes, I do give up too easily in some areas. I need the Father's abundant showers of refreshing forgiveness and grace, purpose, direction and motivation. I know that I don't go to Him often enough with these things. I know that Jesus is the answer, and through the power of the Holy Spirit, and not in my own strength I will soar.  Isaiah 40:3 (NIV) " But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
So instead of Worn out Excuses Ruining My Year, it can be Wondrous Energized Achievement through Radical Yielding; every moment, hour, and day being filled with the grace and mercies of Christ. Now that adds up to some kind of a wonderful year.

1 comment:

  1. A new attitude! I like it. Radical Yielding, love the concept!

    ReplyDelete