Even people who love their jobs have a hard time with Mondays. Sometimes we just do too much on our days off. Monday slaps us in the face-we are not ready because we haven't had any down time. This is what I've tried lately in order to chillax on my day off.
1. Make a list of your normal 'day off' chores. Divide them up between the work days. Instead of doing all my laundry on my day off, I do part on Tuesday morning, and part on Thursday morning. It keeps us going. It's worth getting up a little earlier in order to have the free time on my day off.
2. Make Monday morning as easy as possible. Gather every thing you need to get out of the house in one place, decide what you (and the children) will wear the night before. Fix lunches, etc. ahead of time. Stress free mornings set the stage for a much more pleasant day.
3. Block off a part of your day off as 'unscheduled'. Yes, schedule to be unscheduled. Do whatever you want during that time, or do nothing.
4. Renew your spirit in worship and fellowship. Don't hit your work week with an empty vessel. Fuel your spirit with the love of Christ and you will overflow on your family and others.
5. Be grateful you have a job. So many don't in these hard times. Smile! "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thess. 5:18
What can you add to these suggestions to have a great start to the week?