Wednesday, January 15, 2020

People Who Inspire Me - Meet Laurel Pickens!


The Pickens' first trip to Montana
It's Inspiration Wednesday! This new feature on my blog will highlight people who inspire me. Meet Laurel Pickens. I met her several years ago as a homeschool mom and adult piano student of mine. We enjoyed our lessons, but had a hard time not talking away the half hour. I hated that she moved away, but she is thriving in her new digs.

Laurel, tell us a little about yourself.

I'm originally from Marble Falls, TX, and I've been married to the ever patient Todd Pickens for twenty-one years. I'm mother to two teenage boys, and I've never wanted to be anything but a wife and mother in a small town. God has blessed me with the important parts of that and I've found that location is not the important part. We currently live in Midland, TX.

I love that Laurel, you knew what you wanted and live it out beautifully. What is your passion, business or hobby? 

I like to crochet and do whatever Todd and the boys are doing. Todd makes coin jewelry at https://www.etsy.com/shop/OldManCoinCrafter. He's the artist on of this duo.


I just took at Todd's site. That is some beautiful stuff! I see some shopping in my future. We have the love of crochet in common. Where do you see yourself in five years?

Drummond, MT, gardening, milking cows, raising chickens, and playing in the snow with the Pickens men and possibly the younger one's families.

What an awesome dream! I can see you doing just that. I can see some grandbabies in the picture. What are you currently reading?

The Bible. Lots of stuff going through my head right now, and thought I'd get back to basics.

Can't go wrong there. If you could have the world stage for five minutes, what would your message be to the whole world?

Truly work to be molded into what Jesus would want you to be. This world is not about what you or I think.

See why this woman inspires me so much? Such good advice. Thank you, Laurel, for coming by today. If you're ever back this way, please give me a holler. Y'all seriously check out her husbands jewelry link. Stunning stuff.

Click to Tweet: Truly work to be molded into what Jesus would want you to be. This world is not about what you or I think.

Please be sure and subscribe to this blog so you don't miss any inspirational stories. Subscribe by email in the sidebar. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment