Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Inspiration Wednesday. Meet Bridgette Kelley!

Inspiration Wednesday! Meet my young friend Bridgette Kelley. Her life has motivated me in more ways than one. Bridgette, tell us a little about yourself, your family, and where you live. 

I grew up south of Houston. I have three younger brothers. I decided to move to the West Texas area about six years ago and am currently in Pecos, TX. I teach 1st and 2nd grade Special Education and wouldn't change what I do every day for the world.

That's amazing. So proud of you! What is your passion, business, or hobbies? 

I LOVE to read. I have challenged myself to read at least 40 books this year, but, that's kind of a lowball as I read 54 books last year. I'd like to read even more than that though. I love to cook as well. Feeding people is something I love to do, although the dishes that await afterwards are never fun.

Wow, 54 books last year! I'm sure you'll reach your goal. I didn't know you liked to cook. So since I love washing dishes, we'll have to get together.  Where do you see yourself in five years?

I know I'll be teaching, no doubt in my mind. Where I'll be? I have no idea. I hope to still be in this area with the people I've chosen as family!


Definitely family! What are you currently reading?

Well, I just finished The Bookshop on the Corner and it was WONDERFUL! It was simple, romantic, and I just fell in love with the characters. It was incredibly bittersweet to have ended. This weekend, I'm going to start reading Elanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. I've heard it's good and it's been on my list for quite a while to pick up.


I'll put those on my list. If you could have the world stage for five minutes, what would your message be to the world?

I would remind people to give children a chance. They are our future and our lights. They may say an do things that irk us, but at the end of the day, they're still learning how to be a decent human being. Heck, we're all still learning that. Take the time to listen to them because what they have to say is incredibly important. We often get so caught up in our perspective of the world, but a child reminds us of innocent hope and love. It's what we need more of.

Truly inspirational! Anything else you'd like to say?

Don't get so caught up in the daily mundane tasks that have to be completed that  you don't take the time to look at those around you. You never know what storms someone is walking through, keep a kind heart and voice.

I'm so glad you shared on my blog today, Bridgette. You are truly an inspiration. Even though you chose not to share about your health issues, I have to say that the way your persevere and rely on God has motivated me to a whole new level. Love ya!

UPDATE! Since Bridgette sent me this post about three weeks ago, she has received incredibly good news. Bridgette was in her 5th year of having been diagnosed with chiari malformation (simply put, her brain was sliding out of her skull down her neck). She was given a 5 year life span at diagnosis. We have watched her suffer seizures, and yet she kept believing, kept showing up, and served God with her whole heart. At her last brain scan, miraculously, everything is back UP into her skull where it's supposed to be!!!! Her doctor just said, "I don't know." Bridgette told him, "We've been praying." He said, "That's been known to work." WE KNOW IT WORKS! Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment