Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Inspiration Wednesday: Meet Allison Fontaine!


 Inspiration Wednesday! Meet Allison Fontaine! Allison has become a great friend of mine, a real kindred spirit. We started a ministry together last year: Wrapped in Prayer Blanket Ministry. We both love to crochet, and heard of a need in Juarez, Mexico. We made about 60 blankets ourselves, and collected about 60 more from our church and community. We got to send Bibles, Christmas gifts, and blankets to a little church that is over 80% children. Allison, tell the readers a little about yourself.

  A little background, I grew up in a loving west Texas Christian home, it was a secret to me until adulthood that I was adopted by my wonderful grandparents. They taught me important values from their generation which I appreciate so much. I always know by birth mother but wasn’t aware she was the one who gave me life. We had and still have a great relationship. I met my biological father years later in my mid 30’s. I bonded with him until his passing 2 years later. My adoptive parents have both passed away. I have many great memories and life lessons. Currently I am nearing my 40s at an alarming rate lol! And am single with a 9 year old rescue dog. Who rescued who? She’s a great companion and we both love riding in the jeep and hiking together. We live on the land I was raised on and it’s a precious thing to begin and someday finish my life there.

40s? From my perspective, you're still a baby:) What are you passions, your business, or your hobbies?

 Lately my hobbies have been hard work! Cleaning up 5 acres is not a small task. Brush and structures left behind to remove has strengthened my back and my faith. When I’m not holding a hammer I live to hold a paint brush. Landscapes in acrylic is where I find my peace. When I hike and drive along in my Jeep I snap pictures of Gods beautiful creation and then paint what I captured on camera. This is how I like to spend summer. I love to crochet in the winter months and craft any time of the year! My passion is sharing hope with people who could use some. It’s a blessing to share stories and chat with someone who feels alone or forgotten. I was a comforter as a toddler in the nursery at our church. One of the gifts God has given me, eyes to see hurting people.

You are definitely a workhorse! You didn't mention that you are also a Beauty Professional and do your magic at the Glam Station. Locals, check her out. Where do you see yourself in five years?

In 5 years I hope to have my land cleared out and have a new tiny home in place! But mostly I long to spend those years praying and walking with the Lord, growing in wisdom and love. Possibly leading a study group or addiction recovery group. I don’t have huge goals but I just want to serve where I’m needed. That’s what makes me happy and I believe God opens doors.

 I see that all happening for you. What are you reading right now?

Currently I’m readying the Bible chronologically! This is something I have always been interested in doing ...later! Later came Jan 1, 2020, thanks to Jody Day for the inspiration to go ahead. It’s been fascinating to see how different the story unfolds this way, rather than reading cover to cover.

I'm glad you're enjoying the Chronological Bible. I'm really enjoying it for the third time! If you could have the world stage for five minutes, what would your message be to the world?

If I could have the stage for 5 minutes I would tell my story of Gods healing power and mercy! And I would invite others to feast on His goodness. He saved me from the pit and renewed me and He will do that for many others if they will let Him. That’s the truth that I live my life for. To honor that gift of new life that He gave me.

I've seen you live this out daily. You're a true inspiration to everyone that knows you. Anything else?

My favorite quote is this: “our lives are a gift from God. What we do with that life is our gift back to Him. “

Thanks for coming by! See you soon. Click to Tweet: He saved me from the pit and renewed me and He will do that for many others if they will let Him.

Click to Tweet: He saved me from the pit and renewed me and He will do that for many others if they will let Him.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Thank you for showing such a great light on local friends. Such lovely people we have to surround us. Thank you allison for sharing yourself

    ReplyDelete