Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Inspiration Wednesday: Meet Jennifer Fountain!


Jenn with her Father and Grandfather


It's inspiration Wednesday. I'm excited to introduce my good friend Jennifer Fountain. Jenn, tell us a little about yourself, your family, and where you live.


I was born in California and "grew-up" in a really small town (20 houses). Across the creek from us was La Paz, the Farm Workers Union with Caesar Chavez (his family and mine were really good friends). Both of my parents were Avant Guard play-writes with productions in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and NYC. My dad was also a College Professor and a Reference Librarian for 33 years. We traveled all over and lived in many states and a few countries. I have done a lot of different things in my life with my favorite is being a stay-at-home mom to my three children.

I didn't know your parents were play-writes. Seems like such a romantic growing up. What are your passions, hobbies, or businesses?


I really enjoy genealogy. I can spend hours and hours digging online or in the bowels of a dusty library in a small town lost in the woods and not get tired of the stories I find. I am a remote employee for AMSkier Insurance Agency (small in size but not in stature). We are the largest insurer of Children's Camps in the United States. We are a family owned third generation with the reputation of being able to do the impossible. Take a moment and watch our story www.amskier.com.


Interesting work! Looks like a great camp. Where do you see yourself in five years?


In 5 years I may be an empty nester and it is really terrifying to me. Not because I am worried about my kids (I know they will be amazing!) but because I know how much I will miss them.

I totally get that. FYI: they often come back. What are you reading these days?


I am currently reading three books (yeah I know) The World in a Grain by Vince Beiser, Book 13 The Poison Jungle by Tui T, Sutherland, and Freedom's Landing by Anne McCaffery (this is a re-read so it does not really count).

Looks like my reading list just go longer. If you had the world stage for five minutes, what would your message to the world be?


Being able to listen to opposing views can only strengthen our understanding and emphasizing the importance of sticks and stones may break your bones but words can only hurt you if you let them. Be stronger than you are for real and not pretended protection.

Such a good word. Anything else?

The answer to Hate Speech is Free Speech. The answer to confusion is allowing Jesus into your life.











No comments:

Post a Comment