Monday, March 11, 2013

My Piano Teacher

She wasn't my music teacher because we didn't move to Kirbyville until I was in high school. My younger siblings did have the honor of having her for an elementary music teacher. Mrs. Burres Bean was known to everyone in our small community for her love of teaching, her kindness, class and grace. She passed away last week at the age of 102.

One of those silly graduation rites of passage is the "Most Likely To..." print out at the end of the year. I believe mine was "Most likely to take Mrs. Bean's place at the elementary school." That prediction came true, although there were several before I taught music at Kirbyville Elementary. I took piano lessons from her when I was working on some personal music goals. Our lesson was the highlight of the week. 

Mrs. Bean had the ability to make you think you were the most important person in the world when she listened intently and gave you full attention with her beautiful eyes. Her comments were always kind. She had a delightful, amusing personality, and had a caring heart for everyone in her life. You could not leave her presence without feeling valued and encouraged. I smile as I think of how she is the only person I've ever known who could rock wearing white pants:) Beautiful inside and out, Mrs. Bean left a mark on all who knew her, and she will be missed. 



So long for now, Dear One, until we see you in Forever. Thank you for everything. Jody

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog loaded with so many information. Stopping by your blog helped me to get what I was looking for. check here

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so i suppose im lucky to have found this! I hope you will be adding more in the future... online tutoring

    ReplyDelete