Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss

I share my birthday (Jan. 19) with Robert E. Lee, which is fun for me since my husband and I are Civil War buffs. I discovered today an author who shares her birthday with none other than Dr. Seuss! How cool is that? I hope you enjoy Mari LaVell's birthday poem as much as I did.

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss (and me)

I like Dr Suess, I won’t tell a lie.
We share the same birthday, we’re tight him and I. 
A creative creature, a word maker is he
When I grow up, just like him I’ll be.

He has a funny way to make us all think
His thinker is funny, combined with some ink
But funnier still, ‘tween ink jot you read
Squeezed in by the tittle, you’ll see a great creed.

Go places, be someone,
Try something new.
Have a big heart.
Now that’s a good start.

Be a Who on a speck,
Save your people from heck.
Don’t think you’re too small,
Don’t think it at all.

There are things you can find,
If you don’t stay behind.
Think out of the box,
Be smart like a fox.

Here’s the moral that sticks in my heart when I read,
When my thinker has thunked, and I truly take heed:
God made only one you, with a purpose and plan
No one else can be you,  now isn’t that grand?

So with a tip of my hat, I’ll close with a smile,
As Seuss once said in his Seussian style:
 “Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord..." Jeremiah 29:11 



Take a look at Mari's wonderful website:  http://www.marilavell.com/

Do you have a favorite Dr. Seuss book or quote? I'd love to hear it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment