Monday, October 4, 2010

Stepping Out

Randy began our service this Sunday with 2 Corinthians 2:14
"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him."

He further emphasized that the scripture says 'always'. I remember thinking, "Well, I don't think I am always triumphant. I fail quite a bit in certain areas." I heard the Lord speak to my spirit. He said, "That's because you step out of the Procession." Whoa.

We have been studying Duane Sheriff's teaching on Making Your Appointment With Destiny. We have also been talking about finding God's purpose in our lives. It is important to know what our gifts and strengths are and then step into the Procession where we are promised triumph. Sin and unbelief delay our accomplishments because they cause us to step out of the triumphant procession.

It is a comfort to know that confessing our sins and choosing to believe God are all that it takes to jump back in and head towards victory. What a mighty God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment