Thursday, October 14, 2010

Friday Fanfare

This work week is almost over.  I am looking across the street from the library and enjoying the late afternoon sun casting a golden fall wash on the green grass of the Bank.  The little twinkling leaves on the well kept trees don't change color here in west Texas, but they look gold in the sunshine just the same.  The 84th Psalm sings, "How lovely is Thy dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!" In the presence of the Lord, our hearts feel like that golden washed scene across from me; quiet, peaceful, joyful and full of expectation.  Shadows are moving across the lawn as the moments go by, reminding me that I'm about an hour away from rest, from seeing my husband and family.  How lovely to dwell in the peace of the Lord.

Verse 11 of that Psalm says "For the LORD God is a sun and shield..." and He was that today.  I was on the way to pick up Natalie from school at lunch when I heard a kathunk, kathunk - then I lost all power steering.  I managed to get Nat and then limped into Mobile One so Nathan could look at it.  It was only out of commission for a few hours and I am rejoicing that I was not stranded or hit by another car.  He takes care of us!  How lovely is Thy dwelling place, O Lord Almighty! Have a blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment