Monday, April 8, 2019

#Monday

I've always had a love/hate relationship with Monday. Can't figure out why sometimes. I love my job, and compared to the other days of the week, Monday is not that busy in my world. Aside from the fact that I love the early morning light, my Bible, and my coffee (and the couch) and don't like leaving the comforts of home, there's really no reason to dislike Monday.

It's a mindset, right? The memes start coming in on Sunday night about Monday coming, and they are always negative and filled with dread. We forget to count our blessings and head into the day with a "gotta get through it somehow" frame of mind.

I don't want that, do you? My Bible tells me that the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end. They are new every morning! Great is His faithfulness! Lamentations 3:22-23 (Includes Monday, don't ya know:)

I'm personally working on changing "stinkin' thinkin'" in some areas of my life. I have the mind of Christ, after all! (1 Corinthians 2:16) Monday misery, you got to go!


Comment your gratefulness. I'd love to hear it. Besides, commenters will be entered into a drawing for a set of cute Spring Hallmark cards. Now there's a reason to like Monday:) I'll draw Wednesday night.

It's going to be a great day because....

10 comments:

  1. I woke this morning, my mind and body (mostly) in great order. I have my family near, and every day am awed by all God has done for us. Every day, every minute, is a gift, and I am thankful and rejoice - how can it be a “bad” day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and so true! Thanks Renee. "Every minute..." Love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every day is a good day, especially since I woke up this morning and I have all that I need, God is Good! It's all in how we see and face each day, I am thankful for another day that God has me here to enjoy everyday things and my family. I love our early walks when we walk our furry friend Honeybear, he sure loves and enjoys everyday! We all just have to keep in mind that if we were all like little children and dogs, it would be a much happier world . We make our own days, so why not make it a really good one and just be Grateful and enjoy our most precious gift God Blessed us with, our lives! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. "We make our own days..." So true! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s going to be a great day because I’m about to do my great job of taking a dog on a walk through the park where I’ll get to see spring flowers blooming and I can listen to the Word of God as we go. Then I get to paint later today as part of a challenge I’m participating in that is teaching me so much about painting in general and making me grow as an artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always something to look forward to:) Beautiful!

      Delete
  6. This is a good Monday! It happens to be my beautiful daughter's birthday. The sun is shining & there's a cool breeze. Nothing to complain about on my end. Enjoy this day that The Lord has made, rejoice in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Happy birthday to Kristen! Can you believe the girls are in their 30s????

      Delete
  7. I am thankful that Monday represents a fresh start, a new week. As Anne of Green Gables would say a new week "with no mistakes in it"

    ReplyDelete