Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Knees Please Part Two - Another Effective But Temporary Fix



 I kept hearing about people getting knee injections, and what a great, positive effect it had on their day to day ability to walk without pain. Folks reported that it worked for them, but that it was temporary. Further research indicated that the shots can only be administered once every three months? Did I really want to have an ongoing expense like that? What if it didn't work?

I made an appointment with an orthopedic doctor. He recommended the shots because, after x-rays, I still had enough cartilage. He didn't want to talk about knee replacement just yet. I agreed, because I was having a really hard time with pain. 

Wonderful! The injections gave me some much needed relief, and I was able to go about my life without such dibilitating pain. This was a standard injection for me, and it went on for about 2 years until two times in a row, the shots had no effect at all.  There was really only one thing left to do. 

Anyone else out there going through this journey?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jody. Yes. My sister has knee replacement in July. My knee is torn so I am using a brace from AmRelieve, I think it is and it gives great support and less pain (I am not an affiliate lol!) No shots or surgery for me yet. Not fun. I pray you find relief!! Blessed.

    ReplyDelete