Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Dear to My Heart - Washout Express

Washout Express is the not the first book I've written, but it's the one that got me going in the publishing world. I love my characters, and to get to share them with the world is an amazing experience. The message that we are enough in Jesus Christ is one that I'm passionate about. That is my journey, and Bailey Brown's as well.

I guess there's a little bit of me in all the characters, but none of them is totally me. Bailey is suffering from lifelong background noise that she is just not good enough. That's a little bit me, but not from a mean father like Bailey. 

Scott is just trying to do the best he can, pushing down hurt and grief, and just not getting it all done. That's a little bit me, too, and I would guess a little bit of all of us from time to time. 

Comments from the reviews like this - "This book made me look at my faith and all of my relationships in a different light." - gave me such joy that my goals for this story are being reached. Soli deo Gloria!

If you haven't read Washout Express, I hope you will. I'm giving away a copy at the end of this week. I'll draw from all the comments below using Random.com.  

In one sentence, can you tell me who you are?  Or just say "Hey!" and where you're from.



 

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jody. I'm an inspirational romance author from Hickory, NC, originally a Lone Star girl raised in Houston

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the sound of Hickory, NC! I was born in Houston. Thanks for coming by:)

      Delete
  2. Hi there, My name is Deanne. You are a new to me author. Your book sounds very uplifting and I'd love to read it. I am a stay at home mom of 12 children one is a police officer. 2 are grown and no longer live at home, 7 are still in school. I read 4 to 5 books a week and post a revew to all of them on my blog. I live in Fort Loudon, PA. So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deanne, so nice to meet you! I have 6 grown children, and 14 grands. I'm so glad you stopped by. I'd love to read your blog, would you post a link?

      Delete